Allison Evelyn Gower
We’re taking a light and fresh approach with this installment of Making Waves, as we interview one of our favorite partners, the witty and talented Allison Evelyn. Because one of her many talents is concise messaging, we decided to give her limited room to answer our questions, in the form of a mad-lib. We hope you enjoy her humor.
1. You got started writing copy because words are magic and it was all rumpus from there.
2. Copy is to design like a helpful, welcoming host is to a 5 course dinner party .
3. You are the Emma Stone of copywriting, because you are direct yet sassy .
4. If you didn’t live in San Diego, you’d live in The Shire #Hobbiton , but never the coldest city in the world: Oymyakon, Russia .
5. Tone of voice is every brand’s shimmering personality + way to connect with the right people , so use with careful intention .
6. When writing copy, you always unroot the company’s “why” & ultimate goals first, and you consider your efforts successful when the client exclaims, “Yes, that’s what I was trying to say!” .
We hope you enjoyed this short and sweet Making Waves interview. Stay tuned for our next installment with local creative genius and the founder of Sock Problems, Ryan Berman. Don’t want to miss it? Sign up for the Surf Report!